EU post-graduate scholarships programme for Kosovo
The European Commission Liaison Office to Kosovo and the Ministry for European Integration, announce the
forthcoming opening of the 9th Round of applications to the Young Cell Scheme, the EU post-graduate scholarships
programme for Kosovo, which is currently implemented by the British Council.
Applications will be open from 13 January 2012 and until 28 February 2012 and successful applicants will be offered the opportunity to study in a Master's programme at
Universities in the EU Member States. The Scholarship Programme, whose working language is only English, will offer up to 25 full grants (the actual number of grants awarded may also be less depending on suitability of candidates and availability of funding). This call is open to graduates in law, economics, business management, political sciences, social sciences and other academic backgrounds (as specified in the Rules of Procedures to be published on 13 January 2012) in line with the following sectors of specialisation:
- EU Law
- European Affairs and Public Policy
- Economics and Public Finance
Eligible applicants are:
- Valid UNMIK-Identity Card and/or Travel Document holders or those who provide proofs of birth and of residency in Kosovo or Kosovo passport holders or holders of ID cards issued by Kosovo Authorities.
- University graduates in one of the above-mentioned areas of study. Undergraduate students may also be eligible, provided that they obtain their degree no later than 30 June 2012
- Fluent in English and Albanian or Serbian. Knowledge of other EU languages will be considered an asset.
- Available to travel and to move abroad from September 2012, and to undertake intensive training from mid-April 2012
- Born on 29 February 1972 or later.
Scholarships will cover the following costs for up to 25 grantees:
- tuition fees
- living allowances
- visa costs
- health insurance
- flight tickets
- IELTS English test (and GMAT test where necessary)
For more information please visit the website of the EU Scholarship Scheme.