Forum MNE, in cooperation with Department for Youth and Sport, launched an information campaign in Montenegro.
"Information Right Now!" is a European campaign, launched on 17th April 2012 and implemented by ERYICA in partnership with the Council of Europe. The campaign aims to raise awareness among young people, decision makers and media on the special role of youth information with regard to young people's access to rights and - eventually - on the access to information as a right in itself for all young people. As a politically recognized prerequisite for respect for democracy, human rights and fundamental freedoms, the right of all young people to have access to complete, objective, understandable and reliable information on all their questions and needs is implied.
The campaign objective is that young people to understand they have the right to information.
Key events of the campaign in Montenegro:
- 17 April - launching of the campaign - first information on all sites (sites of the partners in Montenegro), press release, media announcement;
- 23 April - starting the online forum Young people are asking! Through this forum young people will be able to ask from different areas in order to receive information on services, mechanisms and programmes for exercise their rights in different areas;
- 16 May - launching a photo competition;
- Activities of young ambassador for youth information;
- June/July - training on quality youth information for professionals working in the area of youth information;
- Gathering answers for questions of youth in the online forum Young people are asking!
- Publication with summarised questions and answers on questions of youth;
- Promoting the campaign in media, on websites and social network;
- Promoting the campaign on events for youth and with youth
The partners of the campaign confirmed the participation in the campaign are: the Employment Bureau (Centre for information and professional counselling); the International Organization for Migration (IOM), University of Montenegro - Office for International Cooperation; Ministry for Information Society, Gymnasium „Slobodan Škerović"; NGO Mladiinfo Montenegro; NGO Kompas, Student Parliament of UDG faculty; Montenegro Youth Forum.
For more information please visit: http://www.forum-mne.com/, http://www.infomladi.me/ and www.facebook.com/kzmcg